Benefits of LED Lighting
LED (light emitting diode) lighting has a whole list of benefits to the consumer. It has an operational life of up to 100,000 hours (11 years of continuous operation), is energy efficient (compared to conventional light bulbs it ranges 80% – 90% more efficient), is durable in quality and is ecologically friendly. LED lighting has design flexibility, operates under hot or cold temperatures, does not require an external reflector to focus its light, has immediate power-on, and operates under low voltage. Future Connections is finding that many consumers can save up to 50% on their lighting bills. Installing LED lighting can also make you eligible for tax credits and rebates. LED lighting is suitable for both residential and commercial applications.
LED lighting does more than save you money. Check out some of the great benefits that upgrading your lighting has:
- Longer life than incandescent or fluorescent light bulbs
- No toxic chemicals makes for truly eco-friendly living and LEDs are 100% recyclable
- Roughly 75% less energy consumption
- Dynamic control of color, light and distribution
- Options for dimmers for control of light and mood
- A variety of styles to accent features
- Nearly zero UV emissions making it safe for sensitive art or museum quality items
- Many options that are inconspicuous in size
- Tax deductions for commercial buildings with energy efficient lighting
Where can LED lighting be installed?
LED lights are multi-functional and have become popular for both indoor and outdoor use in homes and businesses. Common LED lighting upgrades include:
- Outdoor area lighting
- Under cabinet lighting in kitchens
- Recessed downlights throughout the house
- Replacement bulbs for lamps and fixtures
- Holiday lighting
- Garage lighting
- Florescent tube replacement
- Warehouse lighting
- Parking garage lighting
Future Connections has been installing lighting upgrades since 2001. We are happy to provide free job estimates and answer any questions you have about LED’s or energy-efficient lighting. When you’re ready to take the next step to upgrading your home or business lighting to LED’s, call our experienced electricians in Raleigh!